Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Altered Items...Alcohol Inks....

I love alcohol Inks! I was first introduced to them watching a demonstration by my now friend Ellen. I had heard of Ellen and her talent and creativity for a long time before I met her and before I ever go to see her demonstrate anything! She used to work at AC Moore locally, which is where I saw her demo alcohol inks for the first time. Her
demos are like taking a class! Amazing! I ran to the shelves and picked up the items necessary, inks, blending solution, glossy paper etc etc....went home and immediately started creating things with great sucess all due to her inspiring demo!

Now several years later and lots of alcohol ink later, I am still in love with the process and the techniques~ This switch plate lives in my newly re-painted office....it was white once upon a time and aged to a old beige color...you know the color you have seen it before...my walls in my office are now a pristine white white! So in the theme of economy and recycling...and because I don't like "aged" white on my new white walls, I took the switchplate home and alcoholed it in a polished stone including the screws and got a this wonderful out come....I am in love with it!

In keeping with my theme.....I took my "old clock" off the wall and alcohol inked it as well! I love it! Makes me and my walls very very happy!


Thanks Ellen!



No comments:

Post a Comment